Family Resource Connection/Downtown Montessori/Day Care Connection collects, uses and discloses personal information for purposes limited to those which are related to the provision of child care services. Such purposes include the following:
- To meet legislative, regulatory and licensing requirements;
- To process, track and maintain child enrolment and re-enrolments;
- To process enrolment fees, subsidy and receipts for child tax credit purposes;
- To record, process and collect outstanding enrolment fees;
- To assess and implement centre policies, practices and programs;
- To maintain up-to-date records;
- To communicate with parents/guardians;
- To meet and respond to daily care needs;
- To respond to emergencies, including communication with emergency contacts, hospitals and/or medical practitioners;
- To provide the Centre’s personnel and third parties (where applicable) with necessary medical information (e.g. dietary restrictions, allergies);
- To provide financial institutions with the necessary information to process payments.
- At Family Resource Connection surveys related to virtual and remote programming, in service programs, and participant satisfaction may be posted for participants to fill out at their discretion.
- Survey information and results will never be collected over social media tools such as Facebook or Instagram. A link to Survey Monkey may be posted.
- Sensitive information or documents will not be posted or collected on Facebook.
- Photos or video’s that include children who are participating in FRC events such as Zoom Sessions will not be posted on Facebook.
- Comments left on Facebook posts will be monitored to better understand interests and emerging trends of those using the EarlyON Family Resource Connection Facebook Page.
- Insights of the EarlyON Family Resource Connection Facebook Page will be monitored in order to collect data such as numbers of views, likes, and interactions with posts in order to understand emerging trends and interests.
- Data may be collected and shared as requested with Toronto Children’s Services EarlyON division. No identifying information about participants will be given.
Records containing personal information collected by the Centre may be retained indefinitely unless otherwise requested. In the event that you no longer wish the Centre to store your personal information, you may contact us and we will ensure that the records are destroyed, subject to retention periods required by law.
Family Resource Connection/Downtown Montessori/Day Care Connection will protect your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the personal information.
Access and Accuracy
Individuals have the right to access their personal information that is held by the Centre. All access requests must be made in writing. We will respond to written requests within a reasonable time (generally within 30 days).
We will use our best efforts to ensure that Personal information that is used on an ongoing basis is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If an individual successfully demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of Personal information, we will amend the information as required.
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
In order to meet the purposes set out above, the Centre may transfer or disclose your Personal information to:
- Service providers, including an organization or individual retained by the Centre to perform functions on its behalf, such as catering, administrative, and financial services;
- An organization or individual engaged by the Centre to evaluate creditworthiness or to collect outstanding debts;
- The school administration which provides services and resources to the Centre;
- Any third party or parties, including government agencies, where the Centre has received consent for such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- When personal information is transferred by the Centre to third parties, we use contractual or other means to ensure that the information is handled confidentially and in accordance with this policy and applicable privacy legislation.
The way in which we seek consent, including whether it is express or implied, may vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information. In addition, in certain circumstances as permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual. These circumstances include: personal information which is subject to solicitor-client privilege or is publicly available; where collection or use is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way; to investigate a breach of an agreement or a contravention of a law; to act in respect to an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual; for debt collection; or to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court order.
Inquiries or Further Information